Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blog Action Day

Today is Blog Action Day '09, a day when bloggers vow to write about the need for action against climate change.
I know that thinking and talking about climate change can be pretty overwhelming, there are so many ways in which we can help reverse the affects of our actions on the world, and it's easiest to start small.
Jus and I recycle, between my pop and his beer cans we could cover our roof in a year, which is another possibility all together.


We also try to use as many green cleaning products as possible. It's nice to know that we aren't loading up our house with chemicals.
We bought a used house* and about 95% of the things in our house are vintage/hand-me-downs/thrift store finds.
My favorite way to be green is to use reusable grocery bags and there are so so so many cute ones out there, especially on Etsy...








Horse Tote from stevester** $12.00




I've been using fabric totes for a while but I started to feel guilty about all of those thin, plastic produce bags so I hopped on Etsy and found these...



Reusable produce bags are great, they're bigger than the plastic ones, you can wash them if they get nasty, and you won't be filling the landfills with unnecessary waste.
So today, and every day, try to do something happy for our planet.

My Love for today: The color grey, I want to repaint the entire house that color.
My Happiness for today: Tonight I get to go to yoga, watch Grey's and then Project Runway.

*I don't know why but I absolutely LOVE the term "used house" not nearly as much as I love used houses.
**Check out this store, there are stunning graphics

No comments: