Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy February

Happy Monday/February! I hope you had a good weekend.
I spent Saturday morning hitting every Goodwill in our area, Saturday afternoon Jus & I went to Grand Rapids to see a Gov't Mule show. We got back in town Sunday a half hour before a joint birthday party for my dad and aunt. Needless to say, it was a pretty busy weekend.

Last week when I was thinking about all the books I loved in elementary school I remembered something. When I was in elementary school my 2nd grade teacher had our class keep a post-it inside the front cover of the book. As we were reading we would write down any unknown words, when we were finished reading the book we would look up the words on the list to learn new vocabulary words.
Thinking back this is a really great way for readers to learn new vocabulary. So here's the deal, the next time you start a book keep a piece of paper in the cover to write down unknown words, I'll do the same and then we can share lists at the end of the month.

I hope Monday treats you well, I'm pretty excited, Edie Sedgwick is coming back from the vet today!

1 comment:

Brittan said...

Sounds like a busy, but wonderful weekend... I LOVE gov't mule! I haven't seen them in years, but Warren Haynes is the best!