Thursday, April 15, 2010

Roundup: Backyards to Make You Drool

As the weather gets warmer Jus & I keep talking about adding a deck or a patio to our house. Our house sits on half a lot so we don't have much of a back yard to begin with and we'd love to turn it into a usable space.
We aren't quite sure what we'll do but there is some seriously gorgeous inspiration out there.

I love how secluded this spot looks.

A spot like this would make cooking at home necessary.

The perfect city escape.

I love this modern deck.

Gardens like this make me wish my thumb was more green than brown.

Ok, so this isn't technically an outdoor space but I'd love to have a space like this.

The perfect backyard for a dinner party.

As much of a mishmash as our house is I love clean, modern patios like this one.

Every day would be a vacation with a backyard like this.

I've decided that no matter what we'll at least have a cafe table this summer.

Talk about absolutely lovely.

I've always wanted a lanai.

The perfect backyard for a tea party.

An awesome view makes for a great porch.

I would love to have a backyard that was hidden away.

I can't imagine what it must be like to have a backyard big enough to have multiple spaces.

I love the exposed brick contrasted to modern white chairs in this garden.

Rustic has never looked so wonderful.

I love this backyard for two reasons: 1) I love patio pavers with grass in between 2) One day we will have an outdoor fireplace.

A courtyard would be the dreamiest addition to any house.

What does your ideal backyard look like?

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love that modern deck and awesome view:)

Unknown said...

My ideal backyard is pretty darn close to the tea party one. :)

Lanie said...

I love this post SO MUCH. This summer I'm going to try to work on my green thumb. :D