Thursday, May 20, 2010

Roundup: Summer Dresses

Our weather has been rainy, rainy, rainy, the kind of yucky, cold rain that makes you want to stay inside all day. Yesterday the sun came out and I wanted to jump for joy! I am so excited for the sunny days and the warm nights that come with the coming months. As the months progress my wardrobe progresses from some dresses to nothing but dresses and lately I've been itching to add some summer dresses to my closet.

Nautical Chic

I love the breezy simplicity of this dress.

Perfect for all your summer weddings.

Handmade dresses are simply beautiful.

The perfect dress to dress up or down.

Bicycles make this shirtdress look so whimsical.

Perfect for a Saturday morning trip to the farmer's market.

Step 1: Buy this dress. Step 2: Make Jus take me on a date.

I might have to live in this dress this summer.

Another nautical beauty.

Maxi Dresses make me wish I wasn't 5'2."

I love love swing dresses.

I love the poppy & teal combination.

Nothing says summer like madras.

Summer is the best time for bright colors.
Pun Dress from Lulu's $39.50

This is such a sweet little dress.

Nothing shows off your tan better than a white dress.

I love the vintage look of shirtdresses.

Maxi dresses can instantly add elegance.

Yes, please.

Are you adding new dresses to your summer wardrobe?

8 comments:

Brittan said...

I totally WAAAAAAAANT all of these dresses... But I especially want that orange and white striped dress (I LOVE stripes), but it sold, so I just might have to go on a hunt for similar fabric so I can try and devise my own pattern and make my own!!! (p.s. You would look soooo cute in the one above it, the one you want Jus to take you on a date in...) I have a bad addiction to dresses lately! after years of being a tomboy and refusing to wear them, I have completely switched sides!!! Great choices!

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

i love the loose flowy style of that old navy dress, but sadly their clothes are always too big for me.

the billabong tube dress is super cute and i love the pattern.

the purple crochet dress is my absolute favorite, but that's probably a big hippie, and that crochet neckline just speaks to me!

Larissa said...

I looove the first dress... a shame I don´t have any money :D

Alee said...

very pretty!!

I Love You More Than... said...

I wear dresses all summer long too.
I think I'll be adding that stunning crochet dress to my closet.

cerebral e said...

They're all really pretty. It's pretty sunny here today although I am in denial and wore a scarf and knee-high boots. We don't get much of a winter in Perth.

I hope you're not offended that I don't like Savage Garden! I have actually seen a little bit of Titanic when I was flicking TV channels one day - just the scene where Leo drowns. In isolation it is quite funny, which I don't think is what James Cameron intended.

Unknown said...

beautiful dresses! i am falling in love with the orange striped dress - amazing and so perfect for summer.

Unknown said...

These casual dresses are so cute! I absolutely love the green one. I think white is perfect for the summer as well. Awesome!