Monday, December 27, 2010

What a Weekend

Happy Monday, darlings!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones. Jus & I spent our first married Christmas surrounded by love, family, dogs & food.
Our first Christmas was Thursday night with my extended family. Friday I baked cookies with my mom & Banan and then our family took pies to all the nurses working at the hospital.



Making cookies

We spent Christmas Eve with Jus's family.

Jus's parent's tree
As we were heading home from Jus's parent's we decided to surprise my parents and spend the night at their house.

My parent's Christmas tree

We slept in my childhood bed and awoke to see that Santa had come!


Our stockings

Everyone was incredibly generous. Jus got a mandolin, I got a silver tinsel Christmas tree (eeee I've wanted one of those for years!), Jus got me tickets to the Avett Brothers and I got Jus his own radio show!


Our demolished dessert table

We got so many concert tickets that every weekend is full this month! First a Flyers/Redwings hockey game, then the Avett Brothers, followed by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals & BB King in the same weekend! (But in two different states!)


Even Edie got a present!

Perhaps the best gift we got was something that happened last Thursday, we rented the small house! Because of this we weren't able to spend the day after Christmas relaxing but rather moving!
That's right, we're officially residents of the Behemoth! Last night was our first night sleeping there and we're so excited to finally be living at the new house. (The downside is that we're living in a construction zone and that we won't have internet until January 11, so bear with me as we unpack boxes, hang drywall & I try to blog from my iphone.)



The living room of the little house as it stood this morning

Have a wonderful Monday!

4 comments:

courtney. said...

that's so exciting that you got to move!
sounds like your upcoming weekends will be stuffed full, but at least it is filled with awesome and fun things :)

MandeeFoFandee said...

sounds like you guys had a nice holiday! I can't wait to see more updates on the house... it's such a pain to renovate while you're living in the place, so I wish you guys tons of luck!

Meghan said...

Ahh! Congrats on renting the house! And the Avett Brothers? Jealous!

rachelinaustin said...

Congratulations on the big move! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!