Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Third Wedding

Two weekends ago my third wedding came to fruition. I had been working with this couple for the longest amount of time and had so much fun thinking of ways to enhance the bride's ideas.

The couple has a sweet six month old daughter and wanted to include her in the wedding so we played up a youthful, vibrant feel with bright yellow & black, a playful candy buffet & the theme of three little birdies in their nest.

Again, please excuse the crappy photos, my camera sucks and I am DYING for a DSLR.

The bride & I made over 130 tissue paper poofs to hang from the ceiling of the reception hall (which, as you can tell, was lacking in appeal)

The groom & the bride's step-father built this pergola and replicated the birds from the invitations as decoration to the arch. I made the tissue paper pansies based on a tutorial from the Paper & Craft book. The table in the middle of the pergola holds sand for a sand ceremony.

There table centerpieces alternated between branches lying on the table & branches standing in vases. I spray painted the branches a high gloss black & adorned them with small tissue paper poofs & small yellow birds hung by bakers twine.


Each of the table numbers had song quotes from the couples favorite songs. I think that the couple should make a gallery wall of these quotes in their home!

The bride ordered over 80 pounds of yellow, white & black candy for the candy buffet. We titled it "Maddy's Candy Shop" in honor of their daughter and used small shovels as scoops. I made the giant flowers from this 100 Layer Cake tutorial.



I added yellow tissue paper flowers to the cake table.

Yellow pennant were the perfect way to top the chocolate cupcakes.

The wedding cake design was simple and we added yellow roses & black branches to it.

So there you have it, my third wedding. I ended up working over 30 hours the weekend of the wedding but all of the hard work was worth it when I saw the couple exchange vows, celebrate with their friends & family, and dance the night away.

14 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Okay the candy buffet is my favorite part! And I LOVE that cake!

Leah Rife said...

What a fun looking wedding! I love the branches on the tables.

Suburban Sweetheart said...

That candy buffet is DIVINE, & I love the branches on the cake!

My CoCoon Vintage said...

Looks like you've been a busy little bee sharing your creative touch with the world. I really like the branches. Nice organic touch. Stellar work lovely! xoxo

Mere said...

Wow, love the colors and the overall look! Great job!

steph c said...

Super cute!! I love the look of the candy bar :))

Dana Richards said...

How fun! You did a great job. I wish I had help like that for our wedding!!

Kait said...

What a cute themed wedding!! It looks so precious! I love the decorations! Love this so much!! So happy & cheerful, and simple!! Great job!

Deidre said...

The cake looks fabulous with the black sticks and the yellow roses! I love it.

Suze said...

'Crappy' photos excused. What a lovely, cheerful blog. Instant fan. (Adore the title.)

Bad Joan said...

Looks great! Love all the yellow!

http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

Alely said...

everything looked beautiful! you did a fantastic job!

very married said...

wow! it's amazing to see what you did with a place that might otherwise be so blech.

Abby said...

I love the decorations! especially the candy bar :)