Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hello, hello

Hello my loves.

Sorry to have cut out this weekend but I got an extra day off so we spent the long weekend at my parent's lake cabin. It was wonderful to have a weekend to unplug & relax.

Of course, unplugging leads to massively falling behind in the blog world so I apologize if I have an email to respond to or a blog to visit. Summer is such a busy time for us I can hardly stand it!

So I'll leave you with two pictures that sum up our weekend.

The first is a shaky picture of some fireworks (I'm still trying to figure out the secrets of my DSLR), we were fortunate enough to have two night of firework watching on my parents' boat. If you ever have the opportunity to watch fireworks on water I highly recommend it. The reflections are beautiful and the water makes every boom echo.

The second photo is pretty much the definition of how we spent our days at the lake. With temperatures topping 90 degrees it was hard not to spend the day in the water.

How was your Fourth of July weekend?

PS I wanted to remind you that all of your Color Me Happy packages should be sent & you should be receiving them within the next couple of days!

8 comments:

Blue Lime said...

We spent ours at a great BBQ and then a lazy day all alone by a creek. It was wonderful!

I'm getting the vibes that an engagement ring is in my near future...and of course I'll keep you posted!!!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend! I worked all weekend and spent the 4th indoors watching movies. Kinda lame but whatevs.

Amy said...

My package is sent, but I'm afraid Canada Post just got off strike so my exchange person might be waiting a bit because of the backlog :S

Sounds like an amazing weekend I can't wait to go to my family cottage in August.

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

aw you guys look so happy in that second picture!

A Crimson Kiss said...

I love these photos, and that you unplugged this weekend, too! You feel behind, but it's nice to get away for a bit! Glad you're back!

steph c said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend.. happy belated 4th!!

Caitlin said...

Isn't swimming in a lake just awesome? Glad you had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Love that first photo!! Even if it is shaky...! Looks like you had a fab weekend :)
Sally