Monday, July 11, 2011

Slight Stylish: Flowers Three Ways

Happy 7-11, Sweethearts!

How about that for an unintentional break?

Did you think I forgot about you?
Did you think Jus whisked me away for a romantic weekend in Tahiti?
Did you think Edie was holding us hostage in hopes of getting more treats?
Did you think Jus & I ran away to join the circus?

Sadly, none of those were true. First, I was struck by the stomach flu and as soon as that left me I was struck by the worst cramps I've had in years.

So those are my excuses and I'm sticking to them.

This week's Slightly Stylish is another small one mainly due to the flu but also, in part, due to the fact that I'm bored to death of my closet. The warmer weather leads me to wear sundresses which leads my uniform to be a consistent sundress, belt & sandals every single day.

When I try to switch things up I'm never truly happy with the way the outfits turn out but the other day I mixed a bold print & a bright color and called it a day.


tank & sandals: american eagle
cardigan: forever 21 shorts: h & m

After my change up I was back to my old ways of dresses, belts & sandals. But this combo is so comfy and keeps me cool that it's hard to pass it up. One of my favorite things to do is roll out of bed on a Sunday morning, throw on a dress, and convince Jus to take me to brunch.


dress: forever 21 belt: thrifted
shoes: target

The toughest thing is that lately I feel like I've been repeating my dresses so much that I'm sure you're able to recognize most of my wardrobe. The only change up has come in cutting 4ish inches off my hair last week.


dress: forever 21 belt: thrifted 
shoes: blowfish

Do you change up your summer wardrobe or do you stick with what you're comfortable with?

PS Don't forget to stop by 7-11 & get a slurpee today!

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

I'm pretty bored with my wardrobe too, which isn't good because it means I end up on Modcloth a lot looking for new dresses :) You look lovely as always and so glad you are back!

Sandy a la Mode said...

you are adorbs!! i love the first outfit!! ohhh i would LOVE a 7-11 slurpee right about now, too bad we dont live near one!!

LV said...

I love your different looks! You look so cute!

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

Dana Richards said...

For a self proclaimed shorts hater, you look very good in those!!!

I am feeling so down in the dumps with my wardrobe these days... mostly because all I get to wear to work is the same camp tshirt and shorts everyday ugh. I'm thankful were going to a wedding this weekend we can get dressed up for!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

You look so cute in both of these - I'm not sure I could even pick a fav. I like!

A Crimson Kiss said...

I think both of these looks are adorable, although that dress is particularly hot with the wedges! Glad you're feeling like yourself again!

Micaela said...

i LOVE florals on you!!! happy 7-11 day to you too ;) and i'm so glad you're feeling better cos we missed you!

truly, my wardrobe nearly stays the same from summer to winter-- in winter i add on stockings and cardis. lol

x

steph c said...

Love you in that last dress, love your hair!! Very cute.

I always try to mix up my summer outfits since I get bored too.. but yea. It usually just ends up being the same stuff over and over ;)