Thursday, December 1, 2011

12 Days of Christmas: Advent Calendar DIY

Happy December!

I thought it would be fun to begin this month by celebrating the 12 days of Christmas with 12 Christmas related posts.

My family grew up with a lot of Christmas traditions, one of my favorites was the advent calendar. I loved opening something every day and knowing that we were one day closer to Christmas.

This year I decided to make an advent calender for Jus. Instead of filling it with candy or knickknacks I thought I'd give him 24 reasons I love him.

To begin with I wrapped a piece of cardboard in Christmas paper.

I folded 24 shipping labels in half & decorated the front, putting the reason I love Jus on the inside.





I taped the labels to the board and now Jus can start every day with a little bit of love.




7 comments:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my gosh that is SO cute!

Annie said...

This is the cutest thing EVER. After your post below of course :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Deidre said...

I missed the big annoucement, but congratulations! This is so exciting! YAY!

Caitlin said...

I LOVE this! So neat and simple.

Sandy a la Mode said...

awww this is soo super cute and unique!! :) love it! i want to make one of these one day!!

Unknown said...

This is amazing! It's never been tradition for my husband or I to have an advent calendar, but this makes me want to start one!
P.S- I don't comment enough, but I love your blog, and all of your posts are so enthusiastic and fresh, very inspiring!

ErinMSW said...

Oh, MAN! I wish I'd seen this before today! Maybe I'll do a 12 Days of Christmas or something for my hubby. Oh, and I didn't get a chance to comment, but congrats on your exciting news!!