Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just What We Needed

I met with my grandparents and got a super wonderful totally amazing present.
Remember our sofa issues? Well, Layla has had a nasty old skin infection for the last couple of months (thus the lack of Layla pictures) and our sofa has gone from bad to disgusting, stinky and almost unusable.
Because I love you, and ONLY because I love you I will share it with you. Please please please* don't judge me based on the fact that this nasty thing hung out in our living room for the past year.

See how horrible it is?
Well, my stepgrandma is the best thrifter in the world. I know you might be shaking your head no right now but I'm telling you the truth, she goes to thrift stores, antique malls and resale shops more than anyone you know, and it pays off. And luckily, Jus and I have benefited.
After telling my grandparents our sofa woes they graciously gifted us this gorgeous craftsman inspired sofa.

I love love love this sofa. It's super duper comfy, clean, and it matches our living room. HOORAY!

*Pretty pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Yay!!! Way to go Fay, thats awesome :)

jen - tsk said...

Is your table a giant book? WOW!

Meghan said...

Score!! I like the new sofa. Also, your coffee table rocks. (I had a sad-looking couch a few years ago that I kept hidden under a sheet, so I feel your sofa-pain.)