Thursday, July 29, 2010

Going to the Fair

Last night Jus & I went to our county fair with our friends M & M. Our fair is the second largest county fair in the country and is one of the top ten fairs in the continent. Throughout elementary, middle & high schools I participated in 4-H and spent fair week showing horses, needless to say I love the fair a lot so I thought I'd give you a little tour.

Last year the fair debuted a birthing tent, several pregnant cows spend the week there with the hope that fair goers will get to see a baby cow being born.

This year we missed a birth by about a half hour but last year we were able to see one.


One of my favorite fair foods is grilled corn.

We nommed on a lot of food.

This fellow is the biggest pig at the fair, he weighs over 900 pounds.

Jus hung out with some sheep.

The llamas are always my favorite.

The miniature donkeys stay in the same barn as the draft horses.

I ended the night with some cotton candy & a caramel apple.

What's your favorite fair food?

5 comments:

MandeeFoFandee said...

I used to LOVE going to the fair when I was a kid. now, I'm lazy and reluctant to go out in the heat, haha. my favorite food from the fair has always been funnel cakes!

Scientific Housewife said...

I go to the fair every year just to eat the food, I miss it when it's gone!

Unknown said...

I love going to the fair. My favorite fair food, hands down, are the elephant ears. But all of it is pretty awesome. :)

Meghan said...

These are so fun! I don't think I've ever been to an actual fair! How sad is that???

Duchess Doro said...

Oh hands down it's cheese-on-a-stick!

Back when I was studying in Sydney, Australia. I'd scarf down all sorts of fair food at the Easter show but I never ever miss my Cheese-on-a-stick. :D