Friday, July 9, 2010

Shoe Shopping

Hooray! We made it through the week to another weekend, it feels pretty good, even though I've still got to make it through 14 hours today and 56 pies tomorrow.
I spent last night searching for wedding shoes. When I ordered my dress they asked for the exact heel height I would be wearing. Considering it was 9 months before our wedding day and I was pretty clueless I blurted out 2 1/2" and had the hardest time finding any shoes I liked with that height. Luckily, when my dress came in it was long enough that I can wear any heel height up to 3 1/2", needless to say, I was pretty excited and the hunt was on.
My dress is pretty fancy & fairly elegant so while I love brightly colored shoes I decided to go with a light color or ivory. The first pair I loved was one that was featured in Martha Stewart Weddings and looked absolutely gorgeous in the magazine (and less gorgeous online).

Unfortunately the heel height was too high so the search continued. Last night I found a gorgeous, feminine pair and decided to take the plunge.

Unfortunately Zappos was out of my size and when I tweeted about it Zappos responded. They asked what size & color I wanted and said they would check to see if they had ordered more. Unfortunately they don't have any more coming in in my size but they pointed me in the direction of two sites that had the shoes.
I'm a little sad that I wasn't able to order the shoes from Zappos because their customer service is awesome and they have free shipping & returns! I ended up ordering these beauties from Perfect Details and can't wait to have them in my hands (and on my feet)!
Online shopping isn't something I do very regularly, I love to look but am always afraid to bite the bullet. While I love browsing Anthro, ModCloth, & J.Crew in my downtime I especially love searching membership only shopping sites like Gilt, Ruelala, & Ideeli. If you aren't a member at these types of sites do yourself a favor and check them out. Different sales are always opening and you can get some awesome deals on designer items and swanky pants hotels!
These are great sites but I'll warn you, they can be a bit of a time suck, especially while you're waiting for Jus to wake up on a Saturday morning.

Where's your favorite place to shop online?

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Those shoes are gorgeous! I loved shopping for my wedding shoes. I scoured websites for hours and ended up finding these hot pink heels at Kohls for $20! Who knew?

Lynzy said...

Just found your blog and I LOVE IT! You have yourself a new follower!

Come visit me <3
XO Lynzy
http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Great choice of shoe, very cute!! My shoes were so bloody high standing at the alter for the whole service was a pain!
Why not enter my giveaway at Daisy Dayz Home