I hope you had a wonderful long weekend. This weekend reminded me of how wonderful summer really is and all of the things that make summer lovely.
1. Spending time at the lake. Growing up in the Midwest I learned to swim in lakes, I love lake swimming and the exhausted feeling that comes at the end of a day of being in the sun & water.
2. Reading outside. Whether its on a boat, hammock or porch, feeling the breeze blow as I read is hard to beat.
3. Summer feet. Brightly colored toe nail polish encased in sandals are pretty much my fave.
4. Ice cream. Lots of ice cream, after every meal.
5. Warm nights. Jus & I have an ongoing
6. Sunshine. We live in a very grey area of the world. For 5 months of the year life is grey so when the sun finally shines it's hard to beat.
7. Fresh flowers. Our giant peony bush has opened and they're gorgeous. All of our regular peonies are close to opening & I can't wait to fill our house with fresh flowers.
8. Fresh fruit & veggies. We've been eating like crap now that we don't have a kitchen so I'm planning to stock out fridge with fruits we can eat raw. And fill our freezer with blueberries (my second favorite summer snack).
9. Barbeques, bonfires & get togethers. Cold weather turns Jus & me into hermits and warm weather brings our social sides out.
And for the sake of being fair, one thing I don't like about summer...
10. Forgetting to take Baz Luhrmann's advice and not wearing sunscreen. I absolutely forgot about sunscreen yesterday and am paying for it today.
What are your favorite parts of summer?