Thursday, June 9, 2011

Forgive me readers...

For I have sinned.

I lied about posting the other day. But you can trust me when I say that I'm just as ready as you are for our schedule to calm down and normalize into one in which blogging becomes part of my daily routine once again.

This won't be my normal Thursday roundup because today is something far more special, today is Jus & my four year dating anniversary.

Jus says our dating anniversary doesn't count now that we're married. I guess that means I'm not going to get a present. (Don't worry, I'm not going to rub in the fact that Jus got a computer & a guitar in the last month, well, not too much)

In all reality I think today is a pretty important one. I've gone over our story a bit before but I thought I'd fill all of my new readers in (Hello all you lovelies! I can't believe I'm getting so close to 400 followers!).

Our story begins in Middle School, where we were aware of each other but not friends. As high school dawned we were friends with a lot of the same people but didn't care for one another.

Then, one day in our sophomore year my mom was driving me home from school. As we pulled onto our road she noticed that two boys were getting ready to race their cars down the road. Thanks to some time in racing school my mom decided to teach these boys a lesson and outrace them, at the end of the mile my mom went to tell the boys how stupid it was for them to race. Rather than back down one boy argued back, and I'm sure you can see it coming that that boy is Jus and that this isn't the type of start you want in a relationship.

Fast forward five years and I was away at college until a severe illness sent me home where I reconnected with a high school friend that was dating Jus's best friend. Drunken nights at the bar resulted in friendship, which resulted in platonic sleepovers, a bad kiss, and Jus asking me out and me saying no.

Nine months later, after a bonfire at his parents Jus & I got talking and I decided that we should try to date and we haven't looked back.

Four years ago I was a girl that sat by Jus, kissed him for the (second) first time, and told him I wanted to try and date him. He was a guy that hesitantly allowed me back in after I had lead him on and didn't trust that my words would hold till morning.
Jus & me the summer we started dating

In the time that's resulted Jus has become the love of my life, my absolute best friend, and my favorite person to live, laugh & play with. We've traveled; bought a car; bought a home; lost a dog; got a puppy; got engaged; quit a job; bought another home; got married; got a new job; and started a business. And along the way we've laughed, cried, fought & learned more about each other & ourselves than we ever new before.

So even if today doesn't bring a present or a card (even though Jus got a computer & a guitar in the last month) it bring memories of what we've created over the last four years. A little family, in a big house with lots of love and laughter.

PS I really am cool with the fact Jus got a computer & guitar. He works hard & deserves them both.

7 comments:

ErinMSW said...

Love this. Happy anniversary!

Dana Richards said...

Aww congrats! I think dating anniversaries still count! We actually got married on our dating anniversary and I'm not so excited that we have to start back at one this year haha.

Caitlin said...

Aww, sweet story! I love reading other peoples' love stories.

My husband and I actually prefer to celebrate our dating anniversary over our wedding anniversary. I think because it was longer ago (8 1/2 years vs almost 1 year) so it means more to us history-wise. At that point marriage was a formality :) Happy Anniversary and hope it's a great day!

jessica said...

That is such a sweet story!!! I think dating anniversaries are super important, that's what started things in the first place, right? :) Happy Anniversary!!

steph c said...

Any anniversary is a reason to celebrate!! Happy 4 years!!

I always love hearing interesting how we met/how we started dating stories :))

Amanda said...

Happy dating Anniversary! You aren't the only one who likes celebrating those...come August 20th, I'll be celebrating 6 years with Chad.

I must be a newer follower because I've never heard that story before and I really enjoyed it! :)

Abby said...

Beautiful post. You are lucky to have found each other! And I love that you keep mentioning his recent purchases, haha