Monday, August 8, 2011

Add Lightsaber Cake Baker to my Resume

In my every day life I'm a baker at my parents restaurant. I make cookies, whoopie pies, pies & a pretty mean Texas Sheet Cake so I couldn't have been more excited when one of our friends asked me to make a cake for their son's 6th birthday.

This particular six year old is one of the coolest kids I know and Jus & I love hanging out with him so I knew I had to step up my game when it came to making his birthday cake. And what better way to step up your game then to make a rice kripie treat lightsaber?

PS During this process I learned a lot about lightsabers. Like that lightsaber is one word and that the good guys have green. Also, that Samuel L. Jackson's favorite color is purple so when he was in the later movies he requested that his lightsaber was purple.

7 comments:

Annie @ Wattlebird said...

hahahahahahahahahah I LOVVVEEEEE this cake. I want one! And that is so funny about Samuel L Jackson - I never knew that!

Whim Wham Life said...

Cutest cake! You are one talented little baker:-) xoxo

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Looks awesome! You should make me a cake ;-)

Beth said...

LOVE the idea of a rice krispie lightsaber!! Cool and oh so delicious!! :)

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

hahaha, this is so funny! i love it.

i hope you enter my bowtie GIVEAWAY @ www.jennasecrist.blogspot.com

Caitlin said...

Hahaha so awesome and nerdy, I love it!

Deidre said...

Awesome cake! and good to know about Samuel L jackson..