Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Rainy Week Blahs

Sorry I've been a little MIA this week, its been super rainy and all I've wanted to do is curl up in bed with some tea and a book...
Strangely, a lot of my life tonight & this week has centered on children & babies, which is strange considering I'm not ready to go to that life stage for another five years or so, here are some examples how...
Keegan's still at the vet, hopefully she gets to come home tomorrow, but they've been having trouble transferring her from IV antibiotics to oral. It's been so lonely around here, Layla seems to be lonely spending every day by herself. I can't imagine how much more stressful having a sick child would be. I think this has added at least 1 year to my potential baby making age.
Tonight Jus & I took my favorite almost 4 year old (B) and almost 1 year old (P) out for pizza, we ended up keeping them out too late (7) and P broke down and wouldn't go to sleep. Luckily her parents showed up fairly soon after the breakdown. + 1 year to potential baby making age, plus gets me wondering if I'm lacking some maternal gene.
The baby making continued on Project Runway tonight. I definitely agreed with the judges when they picked Shirin's design, I can't find a picture but I promise to keep looking. If you missed Project Runway, shame on you.
Okie doke, that's probably enough baby talk, I promise to break out of these rainy day blahs, after all my birthday is Sunday* and my parents & Jus are planning a party for Saturday, so I will be party happy by then.
Here's some candy to make up for the blahs, and a promise to have some fun projects for next week(I have been DYING to make some Red Velvet cupcakes)...
I love the round-up Design*Sponge featured this week...

Also, don't you think the girls would just love one of these Found My Animal leashes?


And last but not least some love via my favorite wedding photog, Simply Bloom

My Love for tonight: My three dinner dates.
My Happiness for tonight: Jack the cat is hanging out upstairs, Project Runway's 2nd episode, & it's my birthday week.

*Interestingly enough, I will be 24 Sunday, which is the age that my mommycakes was when she became pregnant with me & the age Jus's momma was when she had my lovely lover.

No comments: