Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Changing it up

Over the weekend Jus & I started talking about where we were going to put our Christmas tree this year (I know, I know, we're a little early). Our lovely industrial light is hanging where the tree stood last year so we started talking about other options, which led to talking about rearranging the living room, which led to some rearranging.
For the year and two months we've been living here our living room has looked the same, there are five doorways and one large opening into the kitchen which equals almost zero wall space and really only one realistic place for the sofa to sit.
Please forgive the quality/color of the pictures, trust me, a camera is tops on my Christmas list, and please be nice, I'm super nervous about showing off our living room...

This is the old view from the front door...





Please excuse the huge mess on the table, it's some Etsy craziness


And now it looks like this...


I moved the rickety old shelf from under the painting to next to the sofa, which meant I got to get rid of the nasty table that was there

I swapped the chairs that were in the corners and brought up a shelf from the basement.
So far we're both loving the new set up, there are still a bunch of things I want to replace and it's obvious we need lots more art, but this is how it is for now...
What do you think?

My Love for today: Not-as-Little Miss Edie Sedgwick, she weighs 14 pounds now!
My Happiness for today: The McIntosh apples I got from our local orchard, Edie loves them too!

No comments: