Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Twas the Day Before Thanksgiving

By the time this gets posted I will have been at work for a couple of hours. I work at my parent's restaurant and I do about 95% of our baking.
We have about 70 pies ordered for tomorrow which means between yesterday and today I will have cracked 200 eggs, used 30 pounds of sugar, & 5 gallons of milk plus lots of pumpkin, pecans, walnuts and chocolate chips.
So excuse the short post, I'm a little tired.
I'm hoping to post the things I'm thankful for tomorrow but if I don't I've probably fallen into the oven* out of sheer exhaustion.

So if I don't talk to you tomorrow, get stuffed, take a nap, be thankful, and know that I am thankful for you.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

*As a child I was always mortified that the witch in Hansel and Gretel was going to put them in the oven, I must admit, I'm still a little nervous that I will one day suffer this fate.

No comments: