Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

I was finally able to start decorating our house for Christmas this weekend. We're still minus a tree but it's look starting to look festive around here.
So here's a little Christmas cheer tour...

I decided to add a little lace to the front door's wreath this year, I like to think it looks a little better in person.

Front Hall

Remember back in August when I found some new dancing Santas and promised to show you the rest of my collection?
Well, here they are, don't judge. I love them for who and what they are, and for who decided to take these tacking plastic Santas and DIY them into something wonderful.

I like to let the Mrs. Clauses hang out together, I think maybe they talk about knitting and reindeers and such.

The triplets dance on the shelf below.

The Santa in the middle is a music box and the one on the right is the oldest I have.

These silver and gold Santas were my first, I spotted them in an antique mall and loved how delightfully tacky '50s they are. They now hold court over a slew of smaller sparkly Santas.

On Monday I read that Nicole on Making It Lovely had ordered a pink Christmas tree and I went on a treasure hunt dying for one. As it would be I found this glorious wreath instead.

Once I finished decorating I turned to Jus and said "You know, I think my Christmas decorating style is one part shiny and one part tacky and one part kitsch."
And you know what the love of my life said?
"I like it."

No comments: