Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More Christmas Spirit

Christmas is coming quickly and unfortunately for Christmas the whole getting engaged thing has taken precedence (I know, I know, I said we weren't going to plan until after Christmas). I still have some gifts to buy and lots to wrap but I decided to tackle another decoration before the 25th.
Remember the awesome Pine cone garland I posted a couple of weeks ago?
Well, I tried it, and in typical DIY fashion I had some trouble. The original garland tutorial instructed me to use a hole punch to punch holes in a ribbon and apparently my $2.50 hole punch was not sharp enough so I moved on to plan B. I'm sorry I didn't take pictures along the way, but if you follow the original tutorial I'm sure you'll probably have better luck that I did.


I ended up drilling small holes in the top of each pine cone with a handheld drill then manually screwing eye hooks into the holes. Then I strung the pine cones on yarn and tied a knot around each one.


It might not be as fancy as the one on Twig and Thistle but I really love my little pine cone garland, it's been helping to get me in the Christmas spirit.


And I'm not the only one in the Christmas spirit, Little Miss Edie Sedgwick has been trying to decide which Christmas dress to wear.*
She can choose between her green halter dress (Jus calls it a bumble bee dress)


Or her red Mrs. Claus** dress


Personally, I'm pulling for the red one.

*Yeah, I know we torture our puppy, but she actually likes wearing sweaters
**Be glad I refrained from saying Mrs. Claws, I was thisclose

1 comment:

Jenna said...

My vote is Definately for the Mrs. Clause dress. Love it!