Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Christmas Cunundrum

Remember when I rearranged our living room? Well, it started out in an attempt to open up some room for a Christmas tree and it ended up leaving us with this.


We have about 5 square feet to fit a tree, we could potentially end up with a tree that is 2.5' x 2' x 8' which could be a lot of fun or really really weird. Our lack of space has got me thinking about alternatives and thinking has led to searching and searching has led to these lovelies...

While I'm not a huge fan of these lit trees outside I think this one is pretty awesome inside

via two_little_pumpkins flickr stream

This tree reminds me of the Easter egg trees my family always had

via dottie angel's flickr stream

I love this paper tree

via LaBrancaro's flickr stream

While we're talking about 1 demensional trees


Oh how I need some bookshelves


Who needs needles when you can have pictures?

Available from Coocolor on Etsy for $29.99

I have a feeling if we made a Christmas tree out of beer bottles it wouldn't hold up too well


What about a black tree?



Or the pink tree that inspired our pink wreath?


I have always wanted a vintage tinsel tree

via Retro ReDesign's Flickr Stream

The plan is to go Christmas tree hunting tomorrow so we'll see where that leaves us.
Have a great rest of your weekend I hope you have some Christmas spirit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like my paper tree! I live in a small urban condo and it does save space. Also, in our living room we have an artificial tree we bought at a chain craft store on sale, which has a very narrow girth and takes up hardly any room, but is 7 foot tall! You could put it in the space of a small end table. I'm also a big fan of table-top trees because you can use the table to stack presents under the tree out of the way of foot traffic. And if you have any potted plants inside, you could decorate them and make them double as a Christmas tree! I decorate all my Jade Trees! Good luck!!! -LaBrancaro

Erica said...

Wow! Thanks for the nice comments about my "modern Christmas tree".