Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Real People in Love: Michelle & Jordan

I loved reading all of your responses to last week's different spin on Real People in Love, it's important to keep in mind what has come before as you move ahead, isn't it?
I'm absolutely thrilled to introduce this week's Real People in Love, Michelle is the lipstick wearing beauty behind Oh, Mishka and Jordan is her adorable boyfriend. It's been a while since I've featured a couple that is dating and it's fun to feature such a cute couple.


How old are you & Jordan? 
We're both 24. (I'm 2 1/2 weeks older than him!)


How long have you been together?
We've been dating for 3 1/2 years now.


When is your anniversary?
November 11.


What are your occupations?
I'm a full-time student and part-time blogger and freelancer. Jordan is a mechanical engineer, which means I get to brag about how smart he is to everyone who asks. :)

How did you meet?
My friend, and roommate at the time, is dating one of Jordan's friends. So when they started dating, we both spent a lot of time with her boyfriend and his friends, which lead to Jordan and I becoming good friends. Eventually I heard that he liked me, I realized that he was kind of the perfect guy for me, and we've been together every since!


Define Love:
Ooh that's tough! For us, love is supporting each other and loving each other and loving each other unconditionally.

What is the toughest part of being in a committed relationship?
Compromise! Jordan hasn't realized that I'm always right, so we're both still working on compromising. :)

What is the best part?
Security. Even if I'm having the worst day, I get to go home at the end of it to someone who loves me, and that makes everything worth it.


What is the best day the two of you have had together?
I don't know if there's one day in particular, but my favorite memory of us is when we moved to Wyoming last summer. I think we both realized just how serious we are about our relationship when we moved to a new state, where we don't know anyone, together.

What makes you different from other couples?
We're so goofy! We always joke that if there were hidden cameras in our home, people would be amazed at just how silly we are.

What is your favorite thing to do together?
Road trips! We spend a lot of time in the car going back to Montana to see friends and family, and we also like to take trips in the summer to explore our new state. So we bring great music (thank goodness we have the same taste in music!), snacks, and get to enjoy being together for a few uninterrupted hours.



Do you have a song?
I'm not sure if Jordan would agree with me, but the song that feels the most "us" to me is Making Plans by Miranda Lambert.

What is the most essential element of making it?
Unconditional love. It's so easy to doubt if you're with the right person, especially during a fight or during a rough patch. But you just have to decide, "this is the person that I love and I'm going to love for the rest of my life, so we'll get through everything together."

What are your hopes for the future?
Well, hopefully we'll get married! We also want to buy a house in the country with a really big garden.


Anything else the world needs to know about love?
It's my favorite thing in the world.



As always, if you'd like to participate in the Real People in Love series just shoot me an email!

3 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Aw they sound like a sweet couple!

Unknown said...

I'm new to your blog and must say, I'm impressed!! Not only is your blog adorable but what an ADORABLE series!! Seriously! Adorable! Happy Wednesday!!

Kristina
Somethingdeepwithin.blogspot.com

Mere said...

Aw I love Michelle's blog! She and Jordan are too cute. Thanks for sharing yet another wonderful installation of real people in love :) always brightens my day!